I went from working and going to school full time to pregnant and a stay at home Mommy all within a year. Comparing working Moms and Stay at Home Moms is just not my style, as I can see benefits to both. Right now, I’m a Stay at Home Mom, and here’s 5 reasons why I wish I weren’t…
1. I have to give my baby cuddles all day. She is so demanding. It’s not like I don’t have other things I’d rather be doing…and who even likes cuddling anyway?
2. My wardrobe consists of yoga pants, yoga pants, and yoga pants. Do I even know what real clothes are anymore? Yoga pants used to be this thing that enhanced women’s butts, and now to me, they’re an indicator that I haven’t showered that day.
3. I no longer do my hair or put on makeup. I know this doesn’t sound like a bad thing, but trust me, I actually really loved taking 2 hours to get ready to leave the house!
4. Now, the only person I serve drinks to is my baby, and she doesn’t even tip me well! “What are you having today Lucy?” “Ohh Mom I’ll have some Enfamil straight up, and for your tip I plan on puking it all up on your nice new shirt!”
5. Sorry but I’m going to have to stop here…honestly, these are positives not negatives in my opinion, and while being a stay at home Mom is NOT for everyone and that’s perfectly okay, I wouldn’t have it any other way!