I’ll be off to South Carolina in just 2 days. This will be Lucy’s first beach trip! If you’re anything like me, you probably googled the crap out of “what to bring for baby’s first beach trip” and got frustrated with the results. I couldn’t find one complete list of EVERYTHING I’d need! So I decided to come up with my own:
1. Sunblock. Probably one of the most important things on this list, if not THE most important.
2. Hats, and lots of them. Now, your little babe may be like mine and try to rip off their hats, but find ones with a strap and that will hopefully help to keep them on longer!
3. While this probably isn’t a necessity, I bought this when we went camping and plan on using it at the beach- Kikofly Baby Beach Tent – I have no idea if this will get used or not but I’d rather be safe than sorry!
4. Another form of shade, an umbrella, a canopy, a pack & play with half of it covered, whatever works for you. We’ll be renting an umbrella.
5. Baby water shoes! Lucy is at the age where all she wants to do is walk – in fact, she took her first steps this past weekend! – So, I definitely need to protect her feet from the hot sand.
6. Lots of water, premade formula if you’re not nursing, some snack for baby, and yourself of course!
7. Swim diapers (only for the water), regular diapers (cloth or sposies) for while on the beach, and extra clothes/bathing suits for the little one!
8. Baby powder to get the sand off of yourselves.
9. Beach toys/Bath Tub Toys to play with.
10. A beach blanket and an extra blanket for the baby!
Let me know if you think there’s anything I’m missing!!